Click the Link Below to Access & Print Registration Form:
DISABLED PERSONS VOLUNTARY REGISTRY FORM
In the event you need to evacuate at a moment's notice and take essentials with you, you probably will not have the opportunity to shop or search for the supplies you and your family will need. Every household should assemble a disaster supply kit and keep it up to date.
A disaster supply kit is a collection of basic items a family would need to stay safe and be more comfortable before, during and after a disaster. Disaster supply kit items should be stored in a portable container(s) as close as possible to the exit door. Review the contents of your kit at least once per year or as your family needs change. Also, consider havving emergency supplies in each vehicle.
RECOMMENDED ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN A BASIC EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT:
- Water, one gallon per person, per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation.
- Food, at least a three day supply of non-perishable food.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities.
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food.)
- Local Maps.
- Prescription medications and glasses.
- Pet food and extra water for your pet.
- Important family documents.
- Cash or traveler's checks and change.
HURRICANE SHELTER LIST
Some of the things you can do to prepare for the unexpected, such as assembling an emergency supply kit and formulating an emergency plan are the same regardless of the type of emergency. However, it is important to stay informed about what might happen and know what types of emergencies can occur. For more information about specific types of emergencies, visit www.ready.gov.
The number to call for information about any type of disaster is the Emergency Operations Center @ 561-712-6400
Please visit the National Hurricane Center link for the latest information:
Additional information can be obtained at the following link:
Please feel free to call if you have any further questions after reviewing this information @561-588-8889.